LifeNet Health LifeSciences’ snap-frozen tissue (SFT) samples span the Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease/Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NAFLD/NASH) spectrum from 0-6. Each sample includes a comprehensive donor medical and social history report, as well as a detailed histopathology assessment including NAFLD activity score (NAS) and fibrosis stage.
- Donor-matched companion tissue and cell samples
- Donor-matched samples include Primary Human Hepatocytes, Stellate Cells, Kupffer Cells, and Liver Endothelial Cells
- Comprehensive donor medical and social history provided
- Histopathology report includes NAFLD activity score along with H&E and Trichrome stained images
- Access to technical expertise and guidance from LifeSciences’ team of scientists
- 0.5 g aliquots (Note: Vial contains multiple tissue pieces measuring up to 5 mm3 each)
- Stored at ≤-80°C
- Shipped on dry ice
- Histopathology assessment of tissue by board-certified pathologist; NAS* and fibrosis stage** provided
*NAFLD (Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease) score (NAS) was assigned according to the standards of the NASH CRN Scoring System (Hepatology 41: 1313-1321, 2005).
**Inflammation and fibrosis were assessed using standard Batts-Ludwig scoring methodology (Scale, 0-4, American Journal of Surgical Pathology 19: 1409-1417, 1995).
SFT samples are suitable for a range of applications, including
- Disease Modeling
- DNA, mRNA, and miRNA Profiling
- DNA/RNA Sequencing
Comprehensive Portfolio of Liver Cells